I've been re-reading Wild at Heart for the past couple of weeks. There is something that resonates within me when I explore the mans heart that God gave me. It is inspiring to know that the passion and fierceness I sometimes feel is in my nature. It makes me think about how Jesus at times was this confrontational man who stood up to the people he encountered. When the situation called for it, Jesus could unleash on people and tell them strait up how things are. Of course, there were times when Jesus was gentle, compassionate, and loving, but it helps me to know that he was strong. He ruffled peoples feathers.
When Judas and the soldiers came carrying torches, lanterns, and weapons to arrest Jesus, he asked them who they were looking for. They said they were looking for Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus replied "I am he." When he said that, the crowd actually fell backward onto the ground. Then he asked them again who is it you are looking for. The crowd said Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus said, "I told you that I am he. (John 18 paraphrased)
That is a powerful presence. There is no mistaking the identity of Christ.
Jesus was a real man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment