Thursday, February 08, 2007

Why is it hard to practice faith on your own. It seems whenever I try to venture out on my own, I fail again and again. It seems like I cannot grow closer to God on will power alone. That is why I buy into this community thing. Getting together with other people to dialogue is the best thing I can do. I am encouraged to dig into my faith by people who are also working through theirs. It helped me to read through the bible every night with my wife. One of us would encourage the other person to read that night. We drifted away from that the past couple of months but it was a real help to have the extra budge to learn from the bible. Every time a go to our discipleship groups and Sunday morning service I feel empowered to live out my faith. But this quickly fades when I am on my own when I go back to work or spend a couple of days researching for my graduate work.
It feels good to write this down. I pray for more consistency.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of therapeutic blogging.