I've still been training for my 1/2 marathon at the end of August. It has been hard to run long miles in the heat and humidity of the Virginia Beach summer. I ran 8 miles on Saturday this weekend. That is actually the farthest I have ever run and probably the most I have ever sweated. I have 5 more miles to add on before the race in August. I have to keep up with my boss at work who will be running the race with me.
We heard some sad news today. The pastor at our church will eventually be leaving to start a church in Las Vegas on the strip. It's sad for Megan and I because we are in a small group with them and have been getting to know them more recently. But what an awesome opportunity to start a church in a town like like Las Vegas. They are really listening to God's calling. Pray for Vince and Jen and their family as they start to plan this church.
Vince also mentioned that XXXchurch.com is heading to the Las Vegas Strip to start a church as well. They may work together to reach out to different people on the strip. There are actually no churches on the strip. Most of the churches are out in the suburbs away from the strip. I am excited for the things God will do in Las Vegas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment